In reviewing the headlines for this holiday weekend, we noticed two interesting figures in 2 different articles.
AAA is estimating 43.4 million American to travel, which, according to NerdWallet is a decline for the first time in 5 years.
Travel Insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, financial default of travel suppliers, and other losses incurred while traveling, either within one’s own country, or internationally. Temporary travel insurance can usually be arranged at the time of the booking of a trip to cover exactly the duration of that trip, or a “multi-trip” policy can cover an unlimited number of trips within a set time frame. Coverage varies, and can be purchased to include higher risk items such as “winter sports”.
The most common risks that are covered by travel insurance are:
- Medical/dental expenses
- Emergency evacuation/Medical Air Evacuation/repatriation of remains
- Return of a minor child
- Trip cancellation/interruption
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Delayed departure, missed connection
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
- Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
- Legal assistance
- Trip Cancellation
- Flight Connection was missed due to airline schedule
- Travel Delays due to weather
- Medical Emergency and hospital care (Accident or Sickness)
If you are traveling this holiday season and need assistance obtaining travel insurance, please complete the form below and one of our experts will be in touch right away!